The World Refrigeration Day (WRD) Secretariat has published a list of 16 webinar topics scheduled on the days leading up to, and after, World Refrigeration Day, June 26, as well as on the day itself.
Reflecting WRD’s 2021 campaign theme, “Cooling Champions: Cool Careers for a Better World,” the webinars will address technologies and career paths available to students and practitioners in the refrigeration, air-conditioning and heat pumps industry.
There is no registration fee for any of the webinars, and they will be presented in the language selected by the campaign partner, including English, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and French.
“More than 15 million people are employed worldwide in the refrigeration sector,” said Steve Gill, the head of the World Refrigeration Day Secretariat. “The webinars will celebrate the contributions of these dedicated professionals in the design, construction, maintenance, and regulation of controlled environments and will help us to attract a new generation of cooling champions.”
World Refrigeration Day, commemorating Lord Kelvin’s birthday, was established in 2019 to call attention to the vital importance of cooling and heat pump technologies, which deliver comfort, support the cold chain that provides food and life-saving vaccines, and stabilize the Earth’s climate. “Refrigeration is at the very heart of modern life,” said Gill.
The webinars will be organized by the World Refrigeration Day’s 2021 Campaign Partners: UNEP OzonAction, ASHRAE, EPEE, FAIAR, IIR, ISHRAE, and the U-3ARC.
The following is the schedule and list of webinar topics:
- Sustainability in Cooled Environments
- Career Development for Youth
- IEQ for a Better World
- The Heroines of the RAC Sector in Africa
- Roles of Women in Refrigeration Industry
- Inspiring Women to Pursue Careers in Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
- Futuristic Careers in Not-In-Kind Cooling Technologies
- Cooling Champions: Cool Careers for a Better Future
- High Temperature Heat Pumps: New Career Opportunities for Decarbonization of the Industrial
- Importance of the Cold Chain
- Cold Chain Overview – Current & Future
- Cold Chain Challenges in Africa
- Future of Refrigerants
- Discovering Career Opportunities in Refrigerants Management
- The Present and Future of Data Center Cooling Technology in China
- District Cooling – Concepts & Overview
Want to find out more, or have something to say about this story? Join the ATMOsphere network to meet and engage with like-minded stakeholders in the clean cooling and natural refrigerant arena.