The ATMO Awards/ North America, honoring excellence in the implementation of natural refrigerant-based HVAC&R systems, will be given during a special ceremony on the first day of the ATMOsphere America Summit, June 12 in Washington D.C. The conference will also take place on June 13.
Awards will be given in four categories:
- Best in Sector/Retail (one)
- Best in Sector/Industrial (one)
- Innovation of the Year (one)
- Person of the Year (one)
ATMOsphere is inviting all stakeholders in the HVAC&R industry to submit nominations for companies in the Best in Sector categories as well as for products in the Innovation of the Year category. Nominations are not required for the Person of the Year, who has been selected.
The deadline for nominations is April 30. Register for the conference here.
Winners of the Best-in-Sector awards, one in each category, will be announced at the ATMOsphere America 2023 conference. A short list of the finalists for the Innovation Awards will be announced prior to the conference, and then conference attendees will vote for the winner on June 12.
Nominations for the Retail and Industrial Best-in-Sector categories and Innovation of the Year are welcomed from end users, manufacturers, academics, contractors, consultants, policy makers and others working with natural refrigerants within the HVAC&R industry. Companies may nominate themselves and their products or other companies and products.
In the Best-in-Sector categories, companies will be recognized for implementing natural refrigerant systems that are part of new builds or remodels.
Criteria for assessing systems and companies include:
- A reduction in energy consumption
- A reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
- A business case encompassing capital, installation, operation, maintenance and training, and a return on investment
- Commitment to future natural refrigerant installations
- Industry leadership
- Innovation and perseverance
The Innovation of the Year awards will go to companies that have produced natural refrigerant-based products that have had, or are expected to have, a significant impact on the market.
Criteria for assessing these products include:
- Number of installations in the marketplace
- Energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction
- Ability to expand the adoption of natural refrigerants in the marketplace
- Availability in the marketplace
- User and technician friendliness
The Person of the Year Award will honor a single individual who has done the most to advance the adoption of natural refrigerant technology in HVAC&R applications in North America. This award could go to any individual, including an end user, manufacturer, contractor, policy maker, academic or researcher.